COVID-19 Travel Policy
In response to COVID-19, we have implemented and enhanced our health and safety procedures and policies in an effort to protect our guests, and to reduce the risk of exposure to COVID-19 and other infectious diseases during the Evergreen International Phage Meeting. Please note that by registering with us, you acknowledge that we have implemented the protocols mentioned in these terms and conditions in an effort to protect the health and safety of our participants, and that you have read, understood and accepted them.
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention publishes travel advice, warnings and recommendations related to COVID-19, which you should consult at the CDC's website Indicates external site which may or may not meet accessibility guidelines before confirming your registration.
Phagebiotics Research Foundation has adopted specific COVID-19 Guest Protocols with input from medical, science and public health experts including the U. S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local health agencies. Guest acknowledges that these directives may change from time to time and that Phagebiotics Research Foundations COVID-19 Guest Protocols may therefore change. GUEST EXPRESSLY AGREES TO COMPLY NOT ONLY WITH THE COVID-19 GUEST PROTOCOLS AS THEY ARE DESCRIBED HEREIN.
All guests will be asked to confirm their status as fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination in advance of attending the meeting. (As a reminder, “fully vaccinated” means the final dose of the vaccine was administered 14 days prior to arriving.)
It is important for guests to plan and come prepared, as those who arrive at the hotel venue without the proper proof of vaccination will not be able to attend, and no refund will be issued.
Physical distancing will be maintained throughout the duration of the International Phage meeting and during planned social engagements. This will be managed by adjusting the flow of groups and through reduced occupancy, and closely managed group sizes. Entertainment programs and restaurants have been designed to enhance physical distancing. There will be no self-service meals; staff will do the serving for you.
Guests will be encouraged to use the hand-washing sinks and hand sanitizer dispensers at venue entrances and in high-traffic areas throughout the venue. Guests will be asked to follow health information about the ways to stay healthy during your time with us.
Face masks for all forms of transportation are still required by the CDC; however, protocols are evolving and as changes are announced, we will share more information as soon as possible.
2. Who we are
- This website (evergreen.phage.directory) and the Evergreen Phage Meeting is organized by PhageBiotics, a 401(c)3 registered not-for-profit organization.
- This website and its data is maintained by Phage Directory.
- We process payments through PayPal. Before registering for Evergreen, please read the privacy policies of PayPal carefully: https://www.paypal.com/en/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-full
3. What we collect
We collect and process the following data from you upon sign up:
- Contact information such as name and email address
- Information you put into forms or surveys on our site
- Your payment information from our payment processor(s) PayPal and/or Stripe
- We do not collect targeted analytics and metrics
Under GDPR we will ensure that your personal data is processed lawfully, fairly, and transparently, without adversely affecting your rights.
- We collect and process your personal data as necessary in order to provide the service to you.
- You may retrieve your data at any point by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- You make revoke your data at any time by emailing email@example.com — this may affect our ability to provide services to you
- We do not collect cookie data. We do collect and store Local and Session storage in order to provide a better user experience for you, e.g. through saving your preferences and remembering your log in information.
5. How we use what we collect
- We use the data we collect to provide the service to you.
- We allow you to interact with our services if you want to.
- We do not show targeted advertising based on the data we collect.
6. Where we store your data
- We may transfer your collected data to storage outside the European Economic Area (EEA). It may be processed outside the EEA to provide the service to you.
- By giving us your personal data, you agree to this arrangement. We will do what we reasonably can to keep your data secure.
- If we give you a password or log in code, you must keep it confidential.
- We only keep your personal data for as long as we need to in order to use it and/or for as long as we have your permission to keep it.
7. Disclosing your information
We are allowed to disclose your information in the following cases:
- If a payment provider such as PayPal or Stripe requests access to it.
- We do not sell your information to parties beyond Phage Directory and the event organizers.
Where any of your data is required for such a purpose, we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data will be handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, our obligations, and the obligations of the third party under GDPR and the law.
8. Your rights
Under the GDPR, you have the right to:
- Opt out of email communications by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Request access to, deletion of or correction of, your personal data held by us at no cost to you
- Be informed of what data processing is taking place
- restrict processing;
- to object to the processing of your personal data; and
- complain to a supervisory authority.
9. Links to other sites